Consult our Tattoo Pain Chart now. Getting a tattoo is something that might already crossed your mind multiple times. You have done online some research and found some awesome tattoo designs. That is great! However, you heard from a friend that a tattoo can hurt like hell! Well, no one said becoming pretty will get without hurting.
Especially for you, we have defined a tattoo chart to show where the must hurtful places are. After all, each location has his different level of pain. The degree of pain can differ a lot between people. Below you can find the areas where it will hurt the most (and least).
Male Tattoo Pain Chart
Female Tattoo Pain Chart
We know that getting a tattoo can be quite a unique experience for everyone. The most prominent factors that determine the amount of pain are:
- Skin condition
- Tattoo location
Be careful, since the way you experience pain can greatly influence the effect how much it hurts to get a tattoo.
There are few differences between the feeling of getting a tattoo. The most common are:
- Burning pain – Feels like your skin is being hot pressed
- Background pain – Your skin will feel dull, since of the production of adrenaline.
- Scratching pain – This will feel like if someone scrapes your skin intensely.
- Stinging pain – This feels like bees are stinging you skin continuously.
- Vibrating pain – If the needle moves at high speed it can cause the bone to vibrate.
Minimize the pain
We have some excellent tips to endure more pain from tattoos.
- We recommend to ask your tattoo artists to have a break when it hurts too much.
- Make also sure you’ve got enough sleep before you get a tattoo. In this way your body will be able to resist more pain.
- Don’t drink alcohol! This will thin your blood and causes faster bleeding and bruising.
- Try a numbing product on your skin before getting a tattoo.
Five of the most hurtful tattoo body locations
So, what are the most hurtful area for getting a tattoo? Besides our tattoo pain chart, we also described the points below.
1. Rib Cage
There’s no arguing, tattoo lovers who are covered with tattoos will say that this will be one of the most hurtful places to get a tattoo. This sensitive spot is close to your bones and over here there isn’t hardly any fat or muscles around to take the blow.
2. The head
The head forms a typically sensitive spot, since of the neglectable fat it can be one of the must painful spots on your body. It’s not only the pain, but also a psychological barrier.
Getting a tattoo on your leg or specifically your thigh is quite hurtful, since of the low exposure to pain. Most of the time this part doesn’t even come close to a touch. Therefore, it’s healing can be quite painful.
4. Inner part of the elbow
In the inner part of the elbow there are two of the three nerve endings. This can be extremely painful and is sensitive in many aspects.
5. The feet
There’s hardly any resistance from your body on your feet. So basically it’s a needle piercing trough your skin directly.
Besides that you have othe areas that can be quite hurtful:
- Nipples & breasts
- Elbows or kneecap
- Behind the knees
- Neck and spine
- Face, and ears
- Hand, fingers, and toes
- Inner bicep
We described the most painful locations of getting a tattoo. Our Tattoo Pain Chart will show you exactly where. Keep in mind that they are many other factors such as gender, age, skin condition. We also diagnosed that there are different kinds of pains. It’s important that you are prepared with some good sleep & inform your tattoo artist if you are not feeling well. Some breaks for long sessions can be good for your body.